Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Snow by Leonard

I was born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana. It is always hot there so I'm not used to the cold. One day when I was 25 years old I decided to spend the winter in Missouri. I went to Missouri around Halloween time.

When winter hit I was like cold. I had never been so cold in my whole life. It was wonderful to see the snow, but the way it felt I was not used to. Cold! was how I felt at night time. I used 5 blankets.

After a week I was getting used to the snow. I went sledding down hills, I made snowmen, I made snow angels, and I even rolled a snow ball down the hill to see if it was going to get bigger. It did.

When Christmas came I invited my family up there to spend Christmas with me. We ate a big Christmas dinner and had a lot of fun. The end.

2 comments:

julianna avila said...

Leonard, you are an excellent storyteller!

charles said...

Hi Leonard,
Great story! This is Charls in California. Once I lived up north in Michigan for a year. It was so cold, when the wind came in off Lake Michigan, it felt like it was cutting right through you. My breath made my moustache freeze with little icicles. I used to trim it by breaking them off. Glad I'm in California now. Hey, write some more stories!
Charles